Monday, June 6, 2011

Short and Sweet from James

Keep Your Joy!! Im taking a journey through James and I will probably be writing about it some more. Sunday as I was sitting in church while my pastor was bringing the word, he gave a scripture that was just what i needed at the moment. It was coming from KJV of James 1:2 "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations" and another version i like is the NIV which says.."Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds". Gosh, Im in love with God and when i was reminded of this scripture I fell more in love with him. I was reminded that I am a child of God and through these hard times whether its personal or family, I have the ability to change my heart and mindset, with the guidance and wisdom of God, on how to deal with these situations. The enemy would love to steal our joy. Jesus warns us then he promises us in John 10:10 which says.."The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly"(KJV). So when trials come the first thing we should do is be joyful? Crazy right? But we go through it for a reason because God wants us to gain some wisdom from it and learn what he is teaching us during that time. Yes, I have my moments when I want to cry or feel like i want to give up at times, but thank God that he hears our prayers and he lifts up in good spirits and remind us to trust in him. God says right there in John 10:10 that he comes to give us life fully. Its like taking a breather right? The enemies first thing to do is to destroy us but God's first thing to do is do fight for us and be there and to protect. God lacks nothing because he is just God the all powerful one. I hope I said some things that encouraged you and I pray that God will bless you mightly through anything.

***Check out the Song of the Blog to your right, its one of my favorite songs. God is always for us! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment